- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by NMBC members and the personnel in the NMBC’s member’s office.
- You are entitled to having your services and products rendered competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the industry. If you are not satisfied with your services or products, you have the right to make a complaint to a responsible party in the NMBC’s member’s employ and to have the NMBC member attempt to resolve your complaint, if possible, promptly and fairly.
- You are entitled to the NMBC member’s independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable price and to have the NMBC member explain at the outset how the price will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from the NMBC member at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any contract that you find unsatisfactory.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly.
- You are entitled to be kept informed as to the status of your order or contract and to request and receive copies of contracts, receipts, records, and invoices. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the delivery of your service or product.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by the NMBC member.
- You have the right to privacy in your dealings with the NMBC member and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
- You are entitled to have the NMBC member conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with any applicable Code of Professional Responsibility.
- You may not be refused service on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
- No NMBC member shall make disparaging remarks, publicly or privately against any other Fellow NMBC member or any other Business Person in general.
NMBC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. The agency undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for ethnics of color and women, and for persons with disabilities.
It is the policy of the NMBC Board and its agency to recruit, employ, retain, and promote employees and to admit and provide services for constituents without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage or citizenship, veteran or marital status. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment, and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, and termination.
NMBC also prohibits retaliation against any employee or person seeking employment for bringing a complaint of discrimination or harassment pursuant to this policy, or against a person who assists someone with a complaint of discrimination or harassment, or who participates in any manner in an investigation or resolution of a complaint of discrimination or harassment.